Tuesday 7 October 2014

Super Easy Ginger Gread Biscuits

I can't claim any of the recognition for these super easy Gingerbread biscuits. I have tried lots of recipes over the years with varying amounts of success, many of which either didn't cook through properly, or the other extreme, they were  so hard that they would make your brain shake when you took a bite. With all my botched attempts it would be easy to give up, but the thing is I love gingerbread. If you get it right it is such a versatile recipe. More than any other biscuit recipe gingerbread is perfect for creating beautifully decorated morsels, which are as easy on the eye as they are on the palette. However my daughter and I made this batch so they aren't quite up to the harvest festival show, but for us they are very pretty. And for the recipe.......


I stole it from my daughters Brownie Guide manual. I was so happy that after many less than perfect trials with previous recipes, I thought I would share them you.  Great texture, fairly easy to roll out and just enough spice to give them a little kick. Well done to the Girl Guides!.... thank you

Ingredients for really easy gingerbread


100g Soft Margarine
100g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons golden syrup
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon mixed spice
200g Self-raising flour
Coloured writing icing for decoration.

  1. Beat together the margarine, sugar and syrup.
  2. Stir in the dry ingredients to make a dough.
  3. Knead very gently, then roll pout to 50mm thick.
  4. Cut into desired shapes.
  5. Bake at 180C or gas mark 4 for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
  6. Leave to cool before having fun decorating them!

Thanks again to the Girl Guiding Association and their book Brownie Adventures
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you